- Posted by Air Rider
- On June 22, 2016
- 0 Comments
- air rider, air rider hovercraft, hovercraft, search and rescue
As we’ve mentioned in the past, Air Rider Hovercrafts are for more than just recreational use. They’re perfect for search and rescue teams, especially ones that will have to travel on water, ice or land.
The Toronto Police Marine Unit have completed training and taken the delivery of their brand new AR-45 Search and Rescue hovercraft. They will be using it for search and rescue and patrol operations during the spring, fall and winter months when ice buildup in the Toronto harbour does not allow them to use their boats.
We are able to do custom designs so that we can try to fit any specifications required by your unit.
Hovercrafts are a significantly safer alternative to use on ice, because they don’t suffer from the same dangers that many grounded vehicles will. That includes slipping on top of ice, or if you’re out in deeper waters, going right through it.
Of course, we’ll also make sure that you’re going to be safe in the vehicle as well. For every search and rescue unit that we sell, we also provide a 2-4 hour training session for the operator so that they can operate the machine with the confidence necessary for safe and efficient search and rescue missions.
Here are some other benefits that will come with your search and rescue hovercraft:
- Inflatable hull provides stable platform to work from, resting only 16″ above the water when not on hover
- Will not “freeze down” during off hover rescue operation
- In addition to standard equipment, the hovercraft can be equipped with all necessary retrieval equipment such as, “Stokes Basket, Jason’s Cradle”, emergency lighting, radar and plotter
- Convenient layout inside for patient transfer and attendants
- Ease of operation through a well laid out helm station, which also provides excellent visibility and protection from the elements. The “Espar” diesel heater which is included with the craft is independent of the engine system providing both cabin heat and defrost for the windows
If you’re a police unit like the Toronto Police or any other search and rescue team, and can experience some difficulty on the water in the winter time, an air rider hovercraft is the best choice for your team. The AR-45 meets those demands through unparalleled versatility and safety.