- Posted by Air Rider
- On September 6, 2017
- 0 Comments
- air rider, air rider hovercraft, all-season vehicle, maintenance
When you own an Air Rider Hovercraft, you’ll be familiar with performing pre-flight checks and should know that they are vital to a successful and safe hovercraft ride. However, in addition to the pre-flight checks, there are additional hovercraft maintenance tasks that should be performed from time to time to keep your hovercraft running efficiently and safely.
Important: Whenever you are performing hovercraft maintenance, be sure that the power is off.
- Check your battery to be sure that it is holding the charge correctly.
- Check the propeller belt tension and adjust to promote a long belt life.
- Be sure to inspect air intake scoops and remove any large debris or dirt — especially after piloting the craft through dense, tall grass and marshland.
- The air intake filter should be replaced after every 50 hours of operation.
- Check your engine oil level weekly and replace after every 50 hours of run time.
- Grease your propeller shaft bearings with hi-speed wheel bearing grease after running for 50 hours. This will help keep things running smoothly
- Lubricate your steering cable to control the responsiveness of the craft.
- Check the air pressure on your inflatable hull (all 5 chambers) to be sure they are holding the correct pressure of 2.5 PSI (Pounds Per Square Inch). Remember—running your machine in hot summer weather and cold winter weather will affect your tube pressure.
Every Air Rider hovercraft comes with both a maintenance manual and an operations manual. Please familiarize yourself with both prior to operating your hovercraft and don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Air Rider Hovercraft brings the world’s most innovative hovercraft to customers and is committed to creating cutting-edge crafts and educating North Americans about the benefits of hovercraft use for access and safety over our rugged landscape.
For more information about Air Rider Hovercraft and what we can do for you,
contact us today!